With 3,874 marketing technology solution providers in the most recent version of the marketing technology landscape map, by chiefmartec.com the ecosystem of marketing technology to enable and improve marketing continues to evolve, and quickly.
Martec By Functional Category
Newly organized into the 5 largest functional categories, this year the focus shifts towards the core marketing ‘job to be done’. (The generic IT layer is gone.)
The functional categories are:
- Advertising & Promotion
- Content & Experience
- Social & Relationships
- Commerce & Sales
Marketing Technology Integration
You will also want to consider how/if those 6 different areas should play nicely together within your organization. Integration capabilities continue to improve.
From a process efficiency stand point, one small example is Hootsuite, a social marketing tool, who recently announced integrating with Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft’s Skydrive so you can more easily access existing imagery and other content.
From the point of view of creating an integrated picture tracking customer engagement the customer, there is still a ways to go as:
- only 18% of organizations reporting integration across marcom channels with insights available,
- 61% of organization are making good progress, and
- 21% have poor transparency and siloed information.
More Marketing Technology Resources
To support developing your marketing capabilities, couple the martec landscape map with these resources:
- Using Martec To Become More Agile by McKinsey
- Evaluating Martec -> Avoiding Common Pitfalls When Using The Forrester Wave and The Gartner Magic Quadrant Vendor Report