What Content Do Your B2B Prospects Want?
- 6 content marketing facts
- 9 straight forward B2B content marketing consideration
Knowledge on the type, timing and delivery of content your prospects want, continues to improve. But let’s step away from the ‘marketing speak’ for a minute with a quick reminder.
Reminder: the goal of your marketing content is to provide prospects with useful information so they can choose the right solution for their situation.
Here are 6 facts from three respected studies and 9 straight forward considerations for your B2B content marketing .
- Lead Generation
- Brand Awareness
- Lead Nurturing
No great surprises there!
3 Considerations For All B2B Marketing Content
1. 70% of respondents expecting to produce more content in 2017 than they have during 2016.
- => Consider your mix of spend on content / collateral versus communication / dissemination?
2. B2B marketers are reducing the variety of content types (whitepapers, blogs, video, etc) they produce from 13 down to 8.
- => Consider if you need to double down on a few select content types?
- => What type of content do your prospects favour (or favor)?
- => What type of content is your organization good at producing?
3. 71% of B2B marketers consider how their content impacts the overall experience a person has with their organization.
- => Consider what content your prospects needs through the customer journey from awareness to conversion?
Considerations For IT B2B Marketing Content
If IT / technology decision-makers at large organizations (~13,000 employees) are your target customer, then both the IDG’s research and Arketi Group 3 Generational Study on content types and usage through the customer journey will be of interest.
4. Third party product testing/reviews/opinions topped the list of content types that IT pros rely on. With product demos and literature in second place, company generated content continues to play a strong role in answering prospects queries.
- Consider: => What is the mix of in-house versus third party content available for your prospects?
5. Your prospects are focused on their particular set of circumstances. 62% want additional information about the content they already have from you. 45% want industry specific info.
- Consider: => What additional content is appropriate for specific customer personas?
6. Follow-up calls by uninformed sales reps are considered “poisonous” to the sale (a little scary to say the least).
- Consider: => What information is available to the sales team about individual prospects?
- Consider: => Does your CRM or marketing automation tool show which content your prospect has already received, opened and engaged with (e.g. clicked-through)?